- For use on floors we recommend batten/joist spacing’s of between 400mm and 600mm. The boards actually have a rating of 1 ton load across spacings of 1200mm, but fitted at centres of 400mm to 600mm will prevent any twisting.
- We recommend fixing with deck screws. It is not necessary to fix at every batten/joist. We generally fix at alternate battens/joists with 2 screws approximately 30mm in from the edges of the board.
- The boards can be used over underfloor heating. Please contact us for relevant recommendations specific to the system you are using.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Whilst we would dissuade you from the use of detergents for cleaning, a light liquid floor cleaner/polish or a damp mop can be used.
- Being a natural material, our boards will inevitably shrink over time as they acclimatise to their new environment. To limit this, we would advise a short period (a week or so) of acclimatisation in their new setting - stacked, or lain on the floor unfixed - before fitting.